Industry: Automotive IT Solutions
Briefd is a young IT start-up that is developing an application that digitalises the business processes of used car dealers. The company's mission is to enhance the efficiency of its clients' operations and generate added value through an ecosystem that encompasses service providers, including financing, insurance, warranty, and spare parts suppliers.
- Challenge: Understanding company’s dynamics and culture to retain openness, accessibility, and transparency amidst rapid growth.
- Solution: A transparent, digital organizational diagnostics process that identified inefficiencies and gave specific guidelines for improvements.
- Results: A decrease in perceived work overload from 75 % to 27 % and an increase in trust in company vision from 77 % to 88 % after 3 months, based on implementing suggested improvements.
Despite Briefd being a small company and having a close-knit team, the team leaders wanted to understand the company’s dynamics and culture and how team members experience it.
Today, amidst rapid growth, they want the team to be open, accessible, and transparent, and for every employee to have the opportunity to participate in the decision-making process. Unfortunately, due to the demanding workload, this is often overlooked.
"We decided to use experts to see whether we are on the right track or not and to be able to make course corrections in time."
Marin Vladović, Co-founder and CEO
To get an objective snapshot of the current situation, spot inefficiencies, and make timely improvements, we conducted organisational diagnostics:
- Initial Arrangements: We aligned expectations, defined the timeline, and gained context of the current situation.
- Data Capture: We presented the purpose and process of the analysis to all employees. Comprehensive but user-friendly digital questionnaires provided us in-depth data.
- Analytics and Diagnostics: Within 10 days, we prepared a report with key findings and recommendations.
- Presentation of Findings and Preparation of an Action Plan: The findings were presented and discussed with management and employees to define an action plan.
Marin Vladović, Co-founder and CEO, stresses the importance of the anonymity of the questionnaire and the processing and interpretation of the data by an external provider, which gives employees an extra measure of trust and allows them to answer honestly.
"We told the employees that all steps would be transparent and that the feedback would come from Quantifly. They were really looking forward to it." -Urša Ferlic, HR Consultant
They found that they are cohesive as a team and have a good climate. However, they also identified room for improvement in these areas:
- organization of work
- efficiency of information flow
- workload distribution
- clarity about the company's vision
Based on the results, an action plan to improve workload distribution and the clarity of company’s vision was defined. The core of the plan focus on making small changes in the organizational structure and distributing the roles, responsibilities, and tasks more clearly.
To increase the ease and effectiveness of implementation, our partner Switch to Eleven helped put the plan into action.
"This was a positive eye-opener. We were now able to address challenges that had been identified."
Marin Vladović, Co-founder and CEO
Result after 3 months
Three months after starting implementing the actions, Briefd conducted a pulse survey to monitor changes in the company. The pulse survey was well-received by employees, who were very interested in the results and how they compared to the previous measurements.
The pulse survey showed a significant increase in scores, particularly in the metric of trust in the vision, which increased by 11 %. It is also worth highlighting the perception of the team’s workload, which decreased from 75 % to 27 %.
The change in the organizational structure has allowed for a clearer distribution of roles, responsibilities, and tasks, which has had a knock-on effect on the workload. Trust in the vision has been strengthened among employees and is now more closely linked to individual work objectives.
The reorganization has also given employees more autonomy to set their own objectives, and the whole team has been involved in designing a multi-layered reward system. As Co-founder and CEO Marin Vladović summed it up, "When we knew what problems to solve, we were able to move forward".