Client: Better Meds
Industry: Healthcare technology
Better Meds specializes in healthcare technology, offering software that enhances medication management. They are executing their vision of better healthcare by developing digital prescribing solutions.
- Challenge: Preventing inefficient communication due to rapid employee increase and remote work.
- Solution: A transparent, digital organizational diagnostics process to identify potential inefficiencies.
- Outcome: Identification of an isolated team and specific guidelines for improving cross-team collaboration.
Better Meds was scaling rapidly and faced a significant employee increase (from 5 to 35 team members). They also faced some challenges related to remote work and a decrease in social cohesion. They were trying to prevent communication silos and monitor their performance through time
Their goal was to:
- Identify key communicators and understand the information flow.
- Discover possible communication silos.
- Compare the formal organizational structure with the actual employee network.
“We wanted to solve certain challenges which we knew we will face in the future. We were trying to identify possible blind spots and prevent the problems.”
-Roko Malkoč, Business Unit Director, Better Meds
To get an objective snapshot of the current situation, spot inefficiencies, and make timely improvements, we conducted organisational diagnostics:
- Initial Arrangements: We aligned expectations, defined the timeline, and gained context of the current situation.
- Data Capture: We presented the purpose and process of the analysis to all employees. Comprehensive but user-friendly digital questionnaires provided us in-depth data.
- Analytics and Diagnostics: Within 10 days, we prepared a report with key findings and recommendations.
- Presentation of Findings and Preparation of an Action Plan: The findings were presented and discussed with management and employees to define an action plan.
Roko Malkoč, the unit’s director, stressed the importance of our support in the process: “We had full support from the beginning until the end. I really enjoyed that they took over all of the responsibilities.”
On the other hand, the team members praised the ease and insightfulness of the questionnaire: “It was really nicely structured and made us think in a different way—about different angles of our team and various situations.”
Based on the results of organisational diagnostics, they now better understand their communication flows and how to adapt them.
They’ve gained insight into:
- Which teams are possibly isolated?
- How to improve cross-team collaboration?
- Who are the informal leaders and who has leadership potential?
All of this provided a basis for more strategic HR decisions based on objective data.